Today sums up the year and the decade. These last years has for me been years of great contrast. I have had the lowest of lows and highest of highs in my career, personal life and even in our finances.
These are the years that concluded my thirties and moved me into my forties and I can with confidence say that I start this new decade with much more certainty and happiness that I did the last one. One reason could be that 10 years ago I was a sleep-deprived mother of two under the age of two, but I also think that all that we went through has taught me a lot, or at least something like this:
- Be nice to others, chances are big that they will be nice in return (and leaves a much nicer feeling too).
- Problems that look huge in the moment, will look much smaller (or even non-existent) later on.
- It is not worth it to worry about things that will or will not happen (I keep telling myself).
- I am capable of much more than I think (time keeps proving that).
- Time flies by way too fast (how do I hold on?)
- Plans are good to have, even if you don’t always stick to them (and if I would always stick to my plans, it wouldn’t have taken me two years to write another post!)
- Don’t be afraid to dream big (it doesn’t cost anything).
- The book is always better than the movie (so why do I spend so much time on Netflix?)
- It is ok to want some time to myself once in a while (happy wife makes a happy life ;-))
- “Glass half full” is a good mantra to live by (and I try to).
Happy NEW YEAR and happy NEW DECADE, make the most of it!
Leave a Reply