Most people would say that our house is a bit on the minimalistic side when it comes to our furniture and things, or lack thereof. We don’t have a lot of things standing around because that is the way we like it. I like to have space and air and get a bit stressed out if there is too much clutter and things lying around. Although I am not a person that likes to clean very much, I do like order and also think that I need it. I like that things are where they are supposed to be, that the house looks more or less in order. Does it mean that it is always in order? No! But I wish it was 🙂
Growing up I heard a lot from my grandmother that one of the most important things when it comes to your home, is making your bed. She has lived in three different countries and been through hard times as well as good times. She says that no matter if you have a lot or not, live in a big house or small, you should always make your bed (and she always does!).
Believe it or not but there is quite a lot written on the net on the importance of this very subject. So it has to be important right? These are the things that I found, that might even convince me to be more consistent about the bed making thing:
1. Making your bed can give you a sense of achievement. In about 20 seconds you have already accompliced the first task of the day which might make the odds better of you continuing on to the next one. You know, if you already made the bed you might even consider taking the clothes lying around and put them in the laundry basket (and yes, I might be talking about myself). And it will also prevent you from jumping back in!
2. Making your bed everyday can help you for a new good habit which may lead to other good habits like continuing on to cleaning the rest of the room and even the house…. Or help you stick to your budget!
3. Making your bed is good for your health as it helps keep the dirt out of the bed.
4. Making your bed un-clutters the bedroom space which can lead to an uncluttered mind. It can clear your thoughts and make you more productive.
5. Making your bed makes it much nicer to actually go to bed at the end of a long, long day.
What do you say?
Leave a Reply